Crisel Instruments provides complete solutions, or existing systems upgrades, that can integrate electrophysiology setups in both upright and inverted configurations, with ion imaging optimized Scientific grade cameras and software, and optogenetics add-ons including LEDs, lasers and custom optical design.
Our modular integrated systems can be completely customized upon request, and the starting configuration includes state-of-art devices to optimize the research process:
- Upright microscope (mounted on XY translators for micro-movements) or inverted microscope, both with TTL triggerable LED illuminator for brighfield and IR, mechanical vibrations free.
- Robotic or Piezo high precision micromanipulators with Home position and storable Target for a quick pipette change
- Axopatch 200B, Multiclamp 700B or Axoclamp 900A Amplifiers and Digidata 1550 with Molecular Device/Axon Hum Silencer, for active and efficient 50/60Hz noise reduction.
- Dedicated softwares like pClamp 10, ClampFit and Axoscope.
- Complete sample temperature and environmental control, multiple perfusion lines and sample chambers optimized for cell cultures or slices.
- Automated perfusion systems with software controllable electrovalves.
- Multi-line focal perfusion with ultra-rapid switch and no dead volume.
- IR camera for sample focusing.
- Anti Vibration tables for active pneumatic decoupling of external vibrations, and dedicated Faraday cages for optimized electrical noise shielding.
Our systems are modular and always ready for upgrades, for ion imaging and optogenetics applications. Possible implementations can include:
- High-end Scientific grade cameras (CCDs, sCMOS, EMCCDs, back-illuminated sCMOS depending on the experimental requirements), illuminators and acquisition/analysis software for multiwavelenght time-lapse or high speed ion imaging and ratio ion imaging. The sample illumination is performed with LEDs or fully motorized ultra-fast galvo monochromators, to avoid mechanical vibration problems during the patch and to increase the ratio imaging speed.
- Both cameras and monochromators for fast ion-imaging experiments (Fura-2, Fluo3, Fluo4, BFECF) can be controlled with MetaFluor ratiometric imaging software. Software and TTL communication is available between Metafluor and pClamp for a perfect, easy and high-speed synchronization of the experiments.
- Single or dual channel photometry systems to measure rapid changes in the fluorescence signal at more than 1000 Hz. These systems combine the monochromator’s versatility for sample excitation, with the high-speed detection rate of the photomultipliers.
- In-vivo and In-vitro Optogenetic systems, with LED or laser illuminators, available for diffraction limited single point excitation or multi-region excitation of both channelrhodopsin and halorhodopsin. In our optogenetic systems the optical stimulation can be performed through an external optical fiber or through the objective of any fluorescence microscope.
- Complete MEA multi-electrode arrays systems for extracellular recording.
- Perfusion and microfluidics custom solutions.
For more information please contact our application specialists:
Alessandro Rossifor patch clamp electrophysiology, ion imaging, high-speed photometry, optogenetics and extracellular recording.
Sara Pagnotta for in-vivo applications, including behaviour, imaging, optogenetics and electrophysiology recordings.